At some point, you may need to hide apps, photos, videos, or even some files from others on your android mobile or tablet. Maybe you want some of your pictures hidden from your others for your privacy.
Perhaps you have some private apps or documents that contain sensitive information. Whatever the reason is, today, we will look at the options available to hide any photos, videos, apps, and files. These methods will help you to keep your private things private.
How to hide Apps
You can hide apps on your android device easily. Most of the brands allow you to conceal apps without any third-party applications. Remember that if you have an older version of Android, your device might not have a hide option. In that case, you have to use third-party apps for this task.
Hide apps on specific brands
We can’t list instructions for all the brands out there, so we discuss some major mobile brands like Samsung, Oneplus, Realme, Poco, and Redmi in this article.
If you have a different brand, most Android devices have a search option in the settings, so you can search and access the hide option for your device. If you can’t find any method to hide, feel free to comment below so that we can help you.
Hide apps on Samsung Phones
Samsung One UI is one of the popular UI with so many features. Hiding apps on Samsung devices is so easy that you can do it in a couple of steps. But in three ways you can do the same task we will explain that in detail.
The first method (from the home screen)
If you are using the home screen only option for the home screen layout, follow the steps,
- Pinch the home screen or long press on the home page.
2. Select the settings option at the bottom of the screen.
3. Find and select the hide option.
4. Select the apps to hide.
5. Tap the done option.
The second method (from the App drawer)
If you are using the app drawer for the opening of apps, follow the steps,
- Open the app drawer.
2. Tap the three-dot menu at the top right corner.
3. Tap on the settings option.
4. Find and tab the hide apps option.
5. Select the apps you want to hide.
6. Tap the done option.
The third Method (Using a secure folder)
To hide applications with security, you can use a secure folder so that nobody can’t access it without a password.
- Open the secure folder app.
2. Tap + icon to list all the apps on your device.
3. Select the apps to hide and press Add.
4. Selected apps moved to the secure folder.
5. To access the hidden app, open the secure folder.
To learn more about Samsung secure folder Click here.
Hide apps on OnePlus Phones
Oneplus have a hidden space feature that allows users to hide apps on their device. To access Hidden Space on a OnePlus smartphone, slide to the right in the Drawer. If you are not using a Drawer, you can enter the same space by sliding outwards with two fingers on the home screen.
- Launch the app drawer.
- To access the Hidden Space folder, swipe right.
- In the top-right corner, tap the + icon.
- Choose which apps you want to hide.
- In the top-right corner, tap the tick mark icon.
You can also protect the Hidden Space folder with a password or fingerprint. To do so, tap the three vertical dots icon in the top-right corner, select Enable password, and follow the instructions.
Hide apps on Realme Phones
On Realme devices process is lengthy, but it is secured. It has an extra level of security to hide apps.
- Go to settings and tab privacy.
- Find and tap the Hide apps option.
- Set the privacy password.
- Choose the apps you want to hide.
- Set the access code by following the instructions.
- To access the apps you did hide, open the dialer and type the access code.
In this way, you can hide apps on realme devices.
Hide apps on Poco/ Redmi/ Mi Phones
Like realme, Redmi devices also require extra steps to hide apps from others on your smartphone.
- Go to settings and click the apps option.
- Select app lock and click the hidden apps option.
- Select the apps that need to hide.
- Tap the done button.
You can also set the password for the app lock for extra security. To access the hidden app on the home screen, spread two fingers apart, enter the password, list of hidden apps appears.
Some mobile brands might not support hiding apps, and it comes with pre-loaded apps that you won’t use. But if you are not allowed to uninstall system apps means, then this method will be helpful for you.
Note; This method works only to disable system apps or pre-installed apps. You can’t disable the apps installed from the play store.
You can disable the apps you don’t want by following the steps:
- Open the settings app.
- Select the apps option.
- All the apps on your device will be listed.
- Click the app you want to disable.
- Tap disable option.
- The app is disabled from your app drawer and notification.
To access the app or to enable the app you have disabled, follow the same process.
Hide apps Using the nova launcher
You want to use the app and also like to hide those apps from others, but your smartphone brand won’t allow you to hide them. In that case, you can do the same using a third-party app like Nova launcher. The only issue is that you must upgrade to the app’s Prime version to hide apps.
The launcher comes with so many features which help to customize your device. It looks almost like stock android. So upgrading to prime is worth every penny you spent.
- Download Nova Launcher Prime
- Open Nove launcher and set it as the default launcher.
- Go to the nova settings app.
- Select the App drawer and find the apps section.
- Tap Hide apps and all apps will be listed.
- Select the apps to hide and press back.
To use the hidden apps, search for the app in the app drawer and open it when it appears.
Like the hide apps feature, some brands allow you to hide files from others. You can do that easily without any third-party app help. This feature is available in brands like Samsung, Xiaomi, Realme, Oneplus, etc.
We list the detailed instructions down below for some major brands.
Hide Photos/Videos/Files on Samsung
Samsung has a unique Secure folder system app for hiding any file on your device. Find the secure folder under biometrics and security in the settings app. Sign in to the Secure folder using your Samsung account. Open the Secure folder and app the files to hide.
- Launch the secure folder app.
- Tap the three-dot menu and click add files.
- Choose the file type and select the files.
- Selected files can be either copied or moved to a secure folder.
You can perform the same directly from the file manager app also.
- Open the file manager app.
- Find the file you want to hide.
- Select the file and tap the three-dot menu
- Tap the move to secure folder option.
- Now the file is moved to a secure folder.
Hide Photos/Videos/Files on Realme
Like the hide apps option, to hide files, you have to dig deeper to find the private safe option where you can hide all files.
- Open the settings app and select the privacy option.
- Tap the private safe option under the privacy protection section.
- Enter the password if already created, or else create a new password and enter.
- Tap the file type you want.
- Tap + icon and select the files.
- Press set as private.
Now selected files are secured and hidden in a private safe.
Hide Photos/Videos/Files on Oneplus
Oneplus mobiles have a Lockbox feature in the file manager to hide files. You can move files to a lockbox within the file manager app.
- Open the File manager.
- Select the image, audio, video, or documents by long press.
- Tap the three-dot menu in the top right corner.
- Click the move to Lockbox option from the drop-down.
- Now files are moved to the Lockbox.
To see the files again, go back to the Lockbox in the file manager and enter the security to access the files.
For any reason you want to keep your files or apps secure and secret, you can use the above methods. If you are using third-party apps to hide some things on your device, read the terms and conditions of the app before starting to use them.
If you have any doubts you can comment below. If you feel this article is helpful for you share this article with your friends.